Most women say chocolate, and not diamonds is their best friend. However, eating too much chocolate can be dangerous. Sweet chocolates like milk and German chocolates are packed with sugar. Dark chocolate on the other hand, provide bitter sweet alternative, which for many people, is way better than ordinary chocolates. It also improves the flow of blood to the brain, which gives instant boost in both focus and concentration. These benefits can help anyone feel more energetic throughout the day.
But then again, it should be taken moderately to reap its benefits.
Mussels and shellfishes are known aphrodisiacs, but there’s more to these food that giving boost in the bedroom. Mussels in particular, are rich in vitamin B12, protein, iodine, selenium, Zinc, and are low in calories and fat. The iodine, Selenium and zinc support the thyroid gland which promotes good mood. Vitamin B12 on the other hand, provides strength and keep the brain cells in good shape.
Eating farmed mussels is better than wild mussels, as they’re the healthier options and you can help preserve our environment.
This good contains considerable amount of calcium, which don’t just strengthen your bones and teeth but also improve the release of happy neurotransmitters in your brain. This type of yogurt also has better level of protein than the regular yogurt.
Coconut is one of the most overlooked healthy foods, as it is usually associated with unhealthy desserts. However, coconut per se, is very healthy. It contains tons of special type of fat called the medium-chain triglycerides, which promotes better brain health and mood.
Stick to unsweetened coconut shavings for healthier options.Read More
Foods rich in protein such as eggs and meat are good for your body, but they are usually take long to digest and get used by the body after you workout. Your best choice is to get a quality whey protein shake for your post-workout recovery protein. It’s the fastest protein to digest you can find.
You also need some carbs after your workout, as it stores muscle glycogen and bring insulin to spike, helping your body get more nutrition it needs, faster. What you need to take though are the “good carbs,” which can be found in brown rice, wheats, etc. but when you think you need to ingest a shot of carbohydrates to quickly replenish your fatigued muscle tissue, then you can opt for dextrose supplements. Also, eating a couple of candies is also good for post-workout to treat your sweet tooth, but don’t put your hard work to no use by eating too much sweets.
Usually, you want to take your shake along with whey protein and dextrose right after your workout. This will quickly nourish your body, helping it heal and replenish your muscle tissues as fast as possible.
Granola cereals and protein bars are also good recovery food to take. There is tons of specific recovery cereal available in the market today. If you’re looking for some fruity and tasty treats, then you can opt for fruit smoothie. Homemade would be great, but remember to add real fruits such as banana, strawberry, or mangoes and use fat-free yogurt and low-fat milk.
It really pays to count your carbs, fat, and protein intake in your recovery foods. Make sure you’re taking enough, and not too much, or you may end up with too many fat or sugar, which would easily turn into unwanted pounds.Read More
There has been much confusion about the proper way of eating or planning your meal, especially for those who have certain fitness or weight loss goals. Indeed, many have fallen into the trap of fad diets only to find out too late that they really weren’t as good as promised. Instead of focusing on trying to find a fad diet that will give you instant or quick results, you need to work on improving your health and lifestyle above all else.
You need to begin by identifying which foods are good for you. Below are some of the recommended food components that you need to incorporate into your regular diet to ensure that you can maintain your health and keep your fitness level, as well.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Preferably, eat them at their most natural state because that would ensure that its highest natural value is preserved.
- Add more whole grains into your diet. If you are going to eat baked goods or pasta, make sure they are made with whole grain so you can maximize its nutritional benefits.
- If you love meat, best to settle with fish and lean meats. These types of meat are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that is required to be part of your daily diet and is also good for the heart. The way you cook your meat will also play a huge role such that it is best to bake them rather than fry your meats.
- Avoid or minimize your intake of processed foods and meat such as bacon, sausages and hotdogs. These are high in nitrate and saturated fat that will not only tip the scale but also detrimental to your health in the long run.
- Make sure to vary up the food you include in your daily diet. No matter how healthy the food you are eating, when you do not get enough variety then you could still suffer from deficiency from various other nutrients.
A lot of people experience phobias and irrational fears. The fear of blood is one of the most popular phobias or fears. The sight of a needle may petrify some individuals. Thus, even if an individual submits himself or herself to a credible and reputable blood testing center such as Blood Test San Jose, the fear still will not subside. Though they may sound or look ridiculous for others, these fears cause severe anxiety and extreme stress for the affected individuals. They cause severe disruption of the ordinary daily routines and activities for the affected individual. Here are a few helpful tips to guide you on how to overcome your different fears and phobias.
- Take small steps. If you have a fear for public speaking, take small steps like interacting with crowds, going out and talking to somebody. Small steps will not cause you an abrupt adjustment. Through these small steps, you gradually learn to desensitize yourself against situations that usually cause you anxiety and stress.
- Get motivation. You can start off with listing down the positive effects that your life can get if you succeed in overcoming your fears. Read everything in the list regularly so you will be reminded to keep on working on your fears. This list will play a significant role in replacing your negative and depressing thoughts with encouraging ones.
- Think positively. Implement the 3:1 rule. Counterattack every negative thought with 3 positive thoughts. Think positively and avoid thinking of negative situations.
Would you like to stay fit and healthy? Well, it actually starts with what you take in. Eating up healthy foods could give you the chance to live a healthy and sick-free life. However, how can you actually start with healthy eating? Well, you only have to eat more for breakfast and no carbohydrates for dinner.
Healthy eating is certainly not all about having strict diets. It is also not only about what you eat, but about on how you eat. The choices of food that you have could truly reduce the risk of illnesses just like cancer, heart disease diabetes and also a good defense for depression. Moreover, if you learned the habits of eating healthy, there will be lots of benefits that you could take. However, if you are about to start being healthy, you don’t have to do it in a rush, so, here’s the drill:
- Simplify your lifestyle- you don’t have to live a luxurious life just to be healthy. You don’t have to be too concerned for counting up the calories or for measuring up the portion sizes. Simply think about your diet with regards of the color, freshness as well as variety. This will make it easier for you to choose.
- Start gradually- altering your diet immediately will not do any good. It will definitely lead into cheating or giving up into your newest eating plan. So, simply make few steps just like adding up salads and switch to olive oil from butter if you are cooking. When you have small chances and it became your habit, you can surely continue it until your body is used to it.
Do you have high cholesterol levels? Well, you must not have that healthy eating habit. Do you know how to eat more for breakfast and there should be no cards for dinner? Well, if you don’t know much about it, then you should know it this time.
Actually, if you have high cholesterol levels, you should take time lowering it even without making use of drugs. Simply try knowing your enemy in the face and take time decreasing your LDL in a very natural way. For quite some time, there are lots of people who have been influenced by the issue in which foods containing fast must be completely eliminated from their meals. However, it is a wrong opinion. So, for you to lower down your cholesterol here are some of the things that you should keep in mind:
- Dairy Products- dairy products just like cream, milk, cheese and others which have the largest amount of fats totally increase down the level of cholesterol. With this issue, if you would like to consume milk, it would be a good thing for you to find non-fat milk products.
- Red meat- if you are really worried about your cholesterol level, you should avoid eating pork or any beef. The best choice for this is to eat white meat, just like taking in turkey. This is for the reason that turkey is considered as the best dietary bird meat.
- Fast foods- another thing that you should know is avoiding eating foods that come from fast food chains. There are lots of products containing the trans-fats just like pop corn, chips, and donuts. Physicians are stating that if you avoid eating such, you will definitely decrease the levels of your cholesterol.
If you would like to live a healthy life and less cholesterol levels, then taking those things in mind would surely help you out.Read More
Being obese is something embarrassing and unhealthy. It is one of the risks that make people weak and sick. So, if you would like to save your life from such things, it would be a better idea for you to have a healthy eating habit. However, how will you start with it?
There are actually lots of ways for you to lose weight. You only have to start with the foods that you eat. Simply come up realizing that you’ve been eating unhealthy food all throughout the years. If you would like to start it out with your diet, then here are some of the tips that you should know:
- Eat greens- the first thing that you should take is by eating green and leafy vegetables. There are lots of vegetables that could help you a lot in lowering down calories and too much of cholesterol.
- Get fruits- another things is that, you should eat fruits each and every day. This could help you out in maintaining healthy body and also prevents aging. If you really want to be glowing and fit, then you should start taking up fruits.
- Give up junks- another thing that makes people obese is by eating too much of junk foods like those of chips, eating out at fast food restaurants and drinking up liquor and sodas.
- Eat salads- instead of eating junks, simply take up salads be it vegetables or fruit salads. You could have different sorts every day and be healthy.
Being fat is something you don’t want. This could be the root of many different negative manners, most especially embarrassment and health risks. Give yourself a chance to be healthy and start taking those tips mentioned above. This will surely help you out in living a life that you will always want.Read More
Healthy eating is a vital matter into your health and whole being. It is one of the major ways that could make you healthy and younger looking. Let your self face into the mirror and see how you look like. The way you see your face is the reflection of how you take care of yourself. However, you might be thinking about what does healthy eating could do for you. Well, if you are thinking about such, here are some of those:
- Feel great- eating junks and unhealthy foods will not give you the feeling of greatness. However, if you give yourself a chance to eat healthy foods, you could surely feel great and the times in which you really feel not good will be taken away.
- Strong immune system- if you eat healthy foods, you will surely have a strong immune system and will have lesser chance of being sick.
- Physically fit- if you really like maintaining healthy weight and really love to look slim, you should take up eating healthy foods.
- Do things you want- another benefit is that, you could do whatever you want just like doing activities at your 60’s the way you did it with your 20’s.
- Prevent diseases- the best benefit that you could have if you eat healthy foods is that, you could prevent any kind of diseases which is known to be related into diet as well as nutrition. You could have the chance to live life longer than what you think if you continuously eat healthy.
Would you like to experience these benefits? Well, it would be a great chance for you to take healthy eating, just like eating more in the breakfast and no carbohydrates during dinner. So, if you would like to feel great and be healthy all year round, taking healthy foods could surely help.Read More
Healthy eating is a necessity most especially these times when the modernity affects food processing. I know that you are also one of those people who love to eat in fast food chains and love to eat sweets, canned goods, noodles, and any instant meals in the market. But do you ever think that these are not good in your health? So here, you will know the ABC of nutrition that will help you maintain good diet and healthy well being.
Eating foods that is rich in vitamin c, e and beta carotene in the form of vitamin a, mineral selenium, and carotenoids are good source of antioxidants. Studies show that antioxidants can protect you against heart disease, cataracts, cancer and reduce the signs of aging. Vegetables and fruits may have the highest amount of antioxidant. You can also find this nutrient in fish, nuts, meats, whole grains and even in sunflower seeds.
B Vitamins- B
Riboflavin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, vitamin B12, thiamin, biotin, niacin, and folate makes up the B vitamins. All of this has vital function in the body. Eating enriched foods and grain products, livers, meats, lentils, eggs, dairy products, beans, and green vegetables as source of vitamin B is very healthy in the body.
There are also groups of people that requires B vitamin supplement such as folic acid supplement. This is important as well for pregnant women. And for some who wants to add these B vitamin in their diet, you can try this:
- Always serve foods that are rich in vitamin
- Always encourage your family to eat proper diet outlined by the nutritionist like 8-10 glasses of water a day, 5-12 servings of grain, 2-4 servings of milk products, 5-10 servings of fruits and vegetables, and 2-3 servings of meat.
- Make use of a fridge sticker or magnet to help you track your family’s daily serving each day
- Always explore various kinds of foods by planning and preparing meals for them.
Calcium is one of the most important food nutrients that you body need since it make your bone and teeth strong. Vitamin D and phosphorus as well as fluoride and magnesium are also needed. Calcium enriched foods like tofu, green leafy veggies, and other are best sources of this nutrient.Read More
Healthy eating is very essential to your well being. Decades ago, healthy eating is very easy. Foods are grows in rich soil with no pesticides and any chemicals. It was totally natural and not processed. But time has change. And it is true, and I think everybody will agree to me, right?
With the fast changing modernity and lifestyle, we do not have time to take an hour or our entire days just to eat healthy meals. More and more people opt for fast food, processed meal and other foods with chemicals and laden with sugar.
I grew up in an average diet. My mom has a small vegetable garden. She planted various vegetable vines and fruit bearing tress. I have a less interest in soda, chips and candies even in special occasions. But I do eat canned vegetables, dairy products, white bread and even processed chesses and ice cream and pastries or desert.
I had history of tonsillitis and sore throats when I was a kid. But I grow older, I leaned the right diet and what foods should be avoided. Sweets and processed meals from fast food chains may be delicious but it gives a negative effect in our health. While I was in my college years, we visited a dermatology institute that deals with skin acne and related problem.
She said that eating unhealthy diet will really affect the skin. If you want to look younger than your age, you have to opt for balance meals and diet. You have to avoid eating processed meals, sweets, fast food meals, sodas, alcoholic beverages, and smoking. These are factors that can really affect6 your health and can cause aging.Read More